Apple ID is a very important account for iPhone users. You will use it to access a plethora of services, such as iCloud, Find My iPhone, iTunes Mach, and Apple Music, as well as make purchases from iTunes and download Podcasts. However, if you, unfortunately, forget it, you should not worry because the retrieval method is quite simple and fast.
How to reset your Apple or iCloud password with your email address or security questions
If you use your Apple ID when buying apps and music on your iPhone or iPad you’ll find the details of your Apple ID. Alternatively
- Visit apple.com and then enter your Apple ID email address
- Click Continue
- After that, select I need to reset my password and click Continue
You will now be able to choose how you want to reset your password, whether it be through email or by answering correctly a set of security question to recover the password.
- Then, open the Email you received from Apple and you will see the title “How to reset your Apple ID password“.
- Click Reset Now.
- Enter your new password and enter it again to confirm
- Click Reset Password.
If you chose to answer security questions, you need to verify your birthday as well as the two security questions you’re given.
How to reset your Apple ID password on your iPhone
You can reset your Apple ID password directly from your iPhone if your phone is signed into iCloud and you have a passcode on your phone.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap your Apple ID banner.
- Tap Password & Security.
- Tap Change Password.
- Enter your iPhone passcode.
- Tap Done.
- Enter your new password twice in the New and Verify fields and then tap Change
How to reset your Apple ID password on your Mac
- Open System Preferences from your Dock or Applications folder.
- Click iCloud > Account Details > Security > Change Password
- Enter your Mac password if prompted to do so.
- Enter the new Apple ID password in the New Password and Verify fields.
- Click Change.
All these methods above not working? You may need to consider using 3rd party service, click here for more detail: iCloud Unlock with iPhoneIMEI.net
Did we help you to solve the issue? Let us know in the comments