The Mac App Store is a gateway to expanding the program library. Say goodbyes to purchasing computer programs from electronics stores; you can now download whatever you want from the Mac App Store. Some stuff is free, while other stuff requires a payment. All it needs is an Apple ID and away you go. Here is how to get started with the Mac App Store on your Mac.
How to sign in with Apple ID
Before downloading any apps on your Mac, you’ll have to sign in with your Apple ID. To do so:
- Open the App Store from the Dock or Finder on your computer.
- Click on Sign In in the left corner.
- Enter your Apple ID as well as password.
- Click Sign In or hit return on your computer keyboard.
How to view and edit Apple ID account
Before downloading apps, you should make sure that your payment and other information are in order so that you will not bother with that stuff while downloading apps on your Mac.
- Open App Store from your Dock or Finder.
- Click on Your name on the left side in the corner.
- Next, click on View Information in the right corner. From there, edit your credit card information, billing address, and so on. If you opt to edit your nickname, it’ll then appear in Game Center.
- Enter the required information into the fields that you want to edit.
Click on Done button when you’re satisfied with your edits.
How to download an app or game from Mac App Store
If the App Store has the app for you, you will have to download it. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the App Store from the Dock.
- Search for the app via category, title, and more you need to download.
- Click on Buy App if it’s a paid app, or Install App if it’s free.
- Next, enter your Apple ID password.
- Click on Buy.
How to set up automatic downloads on another Mac
If you are downloading apps and games on different Macs, you can turn on automatic downloads in order to install all of your apps with you!
- Launch the App Store from the Dock or Finder.
- Click on App Store in the menu bar on the top left.
- Click on Preferences and tick on Automatically download apps purchased on other Macs box.
How to re-download previously purchased apps
If you’ve already paid for an app or game, you don’t have to pay for it again. If it goes missing, simply re-download it and you won’t need to look far!
- Open the App Store from your Mac’s Dock or Finder.
- Click on Your name at the bottom left corner.
- Select Download next to the app or game you want to re-download.
How to enable automatic updates on Mac
If there are too many apps on your Mac, it can be a headache to keep track all of them all and constantly check for updates. However, you can set up the automatic update feature to help you do that!
- Open the App Store from the Dock or Finder.
- Click on App Store in the menu bar of your screen.
- Select Preferences.
- Tick on Automatically check for updates box
- Click on the update setting box that you’d like to enable:
- Download available updates in the background
- Install app updates/ macOS updates/ security updates