The watchOS 5 version comes with a lot of features. One of them is a great messaging app, called the Walkie Talkie. It offers an innovative way of sending quick messages to both your friends and family. Its small and cute interface brings a feeling of familiarity right from the scratch. So, in this post today, weâll show you how to use Walkie Talkie on WatchOS 5 so that you can talk or chat with your family or friends.
Before getting started, ensure your Apple Watch is properly prepared. The new app only works through the connected iPhone as well as Wi-Fi connection. However, if you have anÂ Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE,Â then itâs not a problem.
How to Use Walkie Talkie on Apple Watch
First, make sure that the paired iPhone is also running on the latest iOS 12 beta and your Apple Watch also grab the latest watchOS 5 beta. Now, here is how to use Walkie Talkie on Apple Watch.
Add Friends to Walkie Talkie List
First of all, you need to fill up your friendsâ list by sending invitations. Once they start accepting, you are then in business.
- Open Walkie Talkie app on your Apple Watch.
- You will then see a list of all contacts, simply choose one and send a request. Keep in mind that the chosen contact also has an Apple Watch running the watchOS 5.
- The receiver will now have two choices between:
- Always Allow.
- Dismiss the request.
- Once a contact has been added to the list, you will see it in the Watch app under the Walkie Talkie If you want to add more contacts, simply tap on the (+) button.
Send a Voice Message with Walkie Talkie App
The process is pretty simple. To do so:
- Open the Walkie Talkie app on your Watch.
- Tap on a contact card.
- Now, touch and hold on the TALK button to start recording.
- Once done, simply go of the button.
- That is all you need to do, your message will then be sent to the receiver.
When the recipient gets your message, it will be automatically played. Use the Digital Crown to adjust the volume. Just turn it up or down as required.
Also read:Â How to fix Siri not working on your Apple Watch
Switch to Unavailable Mode to Avoid Talking on Walkie Talkie
There are some inconvenient cases to talk on Walkie Talkie or simply you just donât want to communicate with anyone. That time, you can easily switch to the unavailable mode to stop receiving messages. To do so:
- Open Walkie Talkie app on your Watch
- Swipe all the way up to enable Available.
Now anyone who tries contacting you will get the â?â¦ is unavailableâ notification and you will also know when anybody gets in touch with you.
Add/Delete Contacts in Walkie Talkie
Managing contacts is pretty easy and hassle-free. To do it:
- Open Walkie Talkie app on your Watch.
- Tap on the + button below the list and then add Contacts youâd like to talk to.
If you want to remove contacts, simply swipe left on the contact card and tap on the â?Xâ button. You can also delete a contact with the Watch app on your iPhone.